SILC Online Student Leadership Masterclass in the UAE
SILC Student Leadership Online Masterclass in the UAE
Starting Sunday March 15th, we will be releasing our popular online leadership programme, the SILC Student Leadership Masterclass in the UAE.
Running for 3 weeks, 3 weekly 20 minute online micro-masterclasses will provide students with structure and motivation while at home, building on important leadership qualities and practical skills such as goal setting, focus, decision making, high performance techniques, resilience, managing high expectations, well-being, time management and presentation techniques.
The micro-masterclasses can be easily integrated into students’ daily routines, and this series is a great way to help give students structure, practical skills and motivation throughout the coming days at home during the school closures.
Delivered by our Senior Trainers, guest speakers including the Forbes business woman of the year, top athletes, Swiss watchmaker Hublot’s Innovation Director, the Chairman of the Emirates Investment Center and industry experts, each session ends with a practical task that can be applied in real world scenarios to reinforce the lesson’s learning outcome, and students end the course with a certificate of completion and a Personal Action Plan to help them with the continued development of their skills in the following months.
A selection of schools who participated in our most recent conference:
Maximise learning during school closures and engagement during school online classes
- Ages 11-17
- 20 minute micro-masterclass, three times a week – Sundays, Tuesdays & Thursday at 5pm Dubai time
- Content delivered by Senior Trainers, and industry leading guest speakers with backgrounds in Education, Business, Psychology, Athletics, Media, Marketing and more
- Develop important skills such as goal setting, focus, decision making, high performance techniques, resilience, managing high expectations, well-being, time management and presentation techniques.
- The SILC curriculum is based on our work with top schools around the world – we bring the best from our school workshops, leadership conferences, summer and winter camps to the micro masterclasses to make an engaging and applicable learning experiences
- Each session ends with a task to reinforce the learning outcome that can be applied in real world situations
- Accessible online platform and group discussion board and personalised feedback from trainers
- Join the live session or watch the recording later!
- Single fee of 600 AED for the full course or 500 AED with school discount
- Personal tutoring available if preferred
SILC Student Leadership Masterclass
We limit our classes to 30 students - few places available: first come first served
How it works
Fun and engaging 20 minute online micro-masterclasses
Run by our experienced Senior Trainers and guest speakers, we offer impactful and practical sessions that help students apply the skills directly in their daily lives by sharing real world examples, case studies, personal experiences and tools that can be applied at home, at school, during activities or with friends and family.
Practical application of the skills and online discussion
To help digest and train these leadership skills, students will be given a practical task at the end of each session. These tasks are designed to be applied in real world scenarios, with family and friends. Students can also ask questions and share reflections on their practical tasks on our Discussion Board, and will also get direct feedback from our Senior Trainers.
Personalised feedback, Personal Action Plans and Certificate of completion
During evaluation sessions and through our Discussion Board our staff provide students with direct feedback for repeated application of the learned skills. All participants are encouraged to use the community space in order to finish with a course completion certificate. At the end of the course students will work on their Personal Action Plans where they select the skills most beneficial to them and come up with a plan on how to develop them further, receiving personal feedback from our Trainers.
When and where
Follow masterclasses live or watch later
Starting March 15th, the course will run for three weeks and consist of three weekly live 20 minute video masterclasses, taking place on Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays at 5 pm Dubai time. We do encourage students to join for the live masterclasses to help set a routine and to join the Q&A session which follows each lesson, however don’t worry if you won’t be available for one or more sessions – the content will be made available online shortly after each session for students who are not available, or for those wishing to further review the material, and the practical tasks can be completed in the students’ own time during interaction with friends and family.
Access around the world on all platforms and devices without VPN
The webinars will be delivered through the Zoom online platform which is accessible in the UAE and around the world without the need for a VPN on any device and OS, both desktop and mobile. Upon registration students receive a personal login to access the webinars on the Zoom online platform and Discussion Board to post their brief reflection on the practical assignments which are then evaluated by our senior trainers.
Limited time investment: a practical course to apply skills in daily life
Students apply the skills in their daily lives and existing activities so the actual time investment beyond the 20 minute masterclasses is limited and more a matter of focus and application of skills in real world situations.
1 hour of total lesson time a week based on three 20 minute masterclasses
+ recommended 1 hour / week to practice the tools in daily life.
+ around 1 hour / week for giving and receiving feedback via the online learning platform
= total time investment of between 1-3 hours a week depending on how much the student chooses to practice in daily life.
Who and what
Senior Trainers and guest speakers
The course content will be delivered by our SILC Senior Trainers, Head of Student Development and Director who will present the leadership skills and help the students follow up via the online Discussion Board. We are pleased to work with a diverse group of trainers from many different backgrounds and industries including Education, Business, Psychology, Athletics, Media, Marketing and more.
Students will also have the opportunity to hear from guest speakers who have shown great success and leadership in their lives and careers. Guest speakers include:
- Forbes Middle East business woman of the Year
- Chairman of the Emirates Investment Centre
- Olympic archery gold medallist and CEO of the Olympic Archery Center Lausanne
- Swiss watchmaker Hublot’s Director of Innovation & Chief Operating Officer
- Chef and Chief Nutritionist from Nestlé Alimentarium
- Fashion designer Ines Figaro
- Spain’s leading business & finance lawyer
- and more!
Tailored to the UAE
This course is engaging, practical and specially tailored for UAE students based on our long collaboration with many of the top schools in the region. Even though this course can be perfectly followed as a stand alone course, students will be ideally placed to implement and further strengthen these skills at our Dubai 2020 Student Leadership Conference, now scheduled for November 6th and 7th.
Week 1: Purpose and Motivation
- Sunday March 15th 5pm: Introduction and Kickstart
- Tuesday March 17th: Goal Setting
Learn how to be constantly proactive and set the right goals
- Thursday March 19th: Constructive routines and high performance
Setting habits to help you succeed and feel good about yourself
Week 2: Make it Count
- Sunday March 22nd: Daily decision making
How to make the right decisions to help you succeed and promote your well-being
- Tuesday March 24th: Dealing with high expectations and pressure
How to manage your time more effectively and reduce stress
- Thursday March 26th: Evaluation & Optimisation
Learn how to self-evaluate & optimise your actions on a daily basis
Week 3: Rise Beyond
- Sunday March 29th: Talent Development
Discover your character strengths and how to further develop them
- Tuesday March 31st: Well-being
Explore tools for boosting your well-being and happiness
- Thursday April 2nd: Course Summary & Personal Action Plan
Students develop their Personal Action Plan indicating which skills they will develop more during the 2 months after the course
Student Leadership Masterclass starts March 15th – First come first served!
We believe that students benefit most from our personalised approach to learning, so we are limiting the number of places in each course to 30 students from the UAE. We will increase the number of available courses based upon registrations, however there are a finite amount of spaces available, so make sure you register soon to avoid disappointment.
SILC Student Leadership Masterclass
Small classes and personalised learning - limited places available: first come first served